Personal Training, Nordic Walking, and Snow Shoeing


Friday

Sixth Street Extension


I mentioned earlier that we love to train, walk, and hike on the Escarpment because of the hills, valleys, scenery, and absence of cars. (Our dog loves it, too!)
Without having to run, I am able to get a great aerobic workout which is also low impact. By altering the pace and depending on the length and gradient of the hill anyone can work at their proper level of difficulty.
Today my husband and I decided to walk up the Sixth Street extension which basically goes straight up the Escarpment. It was early in the morning, very cold -15 C, no wind, and the sun was just coming up!
The Walk up the "hill"  or "Mountain took approximately 25 minutes, and about 15 - 20 minutes to come down.

Often we will see deer and wild turkeys on this route.
(Or signs that they have been around recently)

Wild Turkey and deer tracks beside my foot.

What a great way to start the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment